A DARK COMEDY ABOUT TWO STRUGGLING FILM GRADS WHO CUT CORNERS TO PRODUCE THEIR SLASHER, BUT AT WHAT COST?
It's hard to be a filmmaker. Things are expensive. We've all tried to find the cheapest, easiest way to do something. Sometimes it's illegal. Sometimes it involves murder. Shaun and Mac are just trying to make their low-budget slasher, they didn't expect the greatest and most convenient way would break into their kitchen window in the middle of the night. And now that they've figured it out, why would they stop? This is fantastic. The is the best movie they've ever seen, and they're making it. And, nobody can tell the difference, right? I mean, what are you willing to do for your art?
feature coming soon.
"There is a great chemistry between the two filmmakers [Shaun and Mac], and one that comes with a smidge of charm, clever & quick-witted humor, and of course, a fantastic and macabre dedication to the art. Squib was smart, captivating, chuckle-inducing…and bloody to boot!"
- BRUCE Reel Bloody Horror
"It was the premise that hooked me when I saw it on kickstarter. Fucking brilliant if I may say so."
- JOSH Kickstarter backer
"What I liked the most is that it has a lightness, a sense of humor, that most student movies, which are full of existential angst, unfortunately lack."
"Fucking surreal and bizarre, the writing was really sharp throughout the whole film... it makes you think, what if nice little filmmakers like Sydney were actually doing this kind of shit"
- ELI Filmmaker
"THE GIRL'S DEATH SCENE IS FUCKING QUALITY FILMMAKING. IM IN LOVE WITH THAT SCENE. And that composer is fucking phenomenal... My one criticism is that this needs to be longer, much longer. This needs to be a feature."
- JAMES Filmmaker
Original soundtrack composed by AAKAARA
- the Brooklyn Academy of Music (BAM) Select and Juried Screening Brooklyn 2015
- Wherever It Takes You Pratt Institute Screening and Reception Brooklyn 2015
- Home is Where the House Is Pratt Institute Film/Video and Photography Thesis Exhibition Manhattan 2015
- Reviewed by Reel Bloody Horror
- Featured in print 2015-2016 issue of UNDERGRAD BULLETIN
- Featured on Pratt Institute's Instagram and Facebook
- Featured on F*ck Yeah Women Film Directors
- Featured in print Spring 2015 issue of Ubiquitous Magazine.
- Featured in print 2015 issue of Pratt Show NYC X Design Magazine
- Selected as a staff pick on Kickstarter, a featured pick on the Horror Discover page, and Project of the Day
- Featured on Film Pulse
- Featured on Hallow-Holics Anonymous
- Featured on Pratt Kickstarter